Friday, July 29, 2011

Furniture Rearranging

Have you ever really wanted to rearrange the furniture in your room, but really did not want to go through all of that manual labor just to hate it?  Me too!  So, what I did was head on over to the Icovia Room Planner.  You can add in all of your furniture, from bookcases to couches, in any dimension you want!  And you can even add color and rugs to see where you might want to go decor wise.

I would have placed a photo of my design here Yay!  I got it to work!



but, the website is having issues at the moment.  Anyway, I do have pictures of the real thing!

Here is the arrangement prior to me getting in there and changing it up.  I think it looks small and cut-off.  The room is narrow, but very long and the furniture was not making the best of it.  I had tried to make one side of the room a library/sitting area kind of place and with the other side being the sleeping quarters, but things were too crowded and not looking good.


 

We really don't have anything on our bed but the sheets.  I threw on a blanket we got in Mexico on our honeymoon to add some color.  Do you see how that white dresser (and the bookcase behind it) cut off the room?  And that blonde dresser is a not so favorite piece which just stared at you as you walked in the room.

Ok, here are the afters (definitely not done in there, but it's progress)!






It was getting hot in there, and I didn't feel like moving the fans out of the room and putting the Mexico blanket back on the bed, so sorry about that...  But, you do get to see that cool chevron afghan my husband's great grandmother knit!  You may be asking, where did that blonde dresser go??  Even if you're not, I'm going to tell you.  It's hiding behind the bed!  Our cedar chest was hiding (which I love) behind there before.  I thought switching them so that we could hide the eye sore and showcase our chest was a great idea!  I like it! 


Here's a close up of the cedar chest.




Did you notice how much more open the non-bed side of the room looks now?  I'm hoping to find a rug to put to anchor the space.  Here's a list of things still to do in this room.

  • Paint the walls (I'm hoping a nice grey will work)
  • Get a new duvet set
  • Get a circular rug for seating area (and possibly some small rugs for each side of the bed)
  • Lamps for by the bed
  • Art for the bare walls!
  • Accessorizing

2 comments:

  1. so cute! love the cedar chest...kinda want to steal it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Audrey, not going to give up the chest. But, if you really want one they usually have them at auctions! Just look for one near you :) I've seen them go for about $30-$40.

    ReplyDelete