Saturday, July 23, 2011

Easy Spicy Chicken Dish

I have not been wanting to use the oven lately with all of this heat, so I was looking for an easy way to make a meal with the good old crockpot.  Here's what I came up with.  So good, so versatile, and so easy!  All it requires is 5 simple ingredients.

Chicken, fresh or frozen (as much as you want really) - I used about 8-10 frozen tenderloins
Can of Corn, drained
Can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
Can of Tomatoes and Green Chiles (Rotel), drained
Philly Cooking Cream - Southwestern Style

(chicken's in the freezer...)

All you do is put the chicken in, then dump in everything BUT the cooking creme.  I set the crockpot on High for about 4 hours, then low for 2.

During the last half hour, drain all of the liquid from the crockpot.  Put in cooking creme and stir (I used about half of the container - use as much or as little as you want).  Let finish cooking. 

This is what you should end up with.
May not look so pretty, but it's tasty!

You can serve this up multiple ways. 
The first night I put some in a tortilla with some salsa, sour cream, and cheese.
It also makes a GREAT dip!  Chips and dip for a meal, you bet! 
You could also serve it over rice.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Your right Jen, it is almost the same thing! Soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete