Thursday, July 12, 2012

Painting by the Yard!


 This painting was quite the project.  It took longer than I anticipated, but I really like how it turned out!  I won't go through detailed instructions as you can get that from the inspiration link!  Basically I drew lines on the canvas with a yard stick, then randomly chose sections to paint.  I started with the four darkest colors, then added in white to get three shades of each.  Wasn't sure how many sections I'd fill in, but I tried to stop myself before getting too crazy!  Glad that I stopped because I think anymore would be too much!



 Inspiration from Young House Love


Here it is in place.  I want to recover the lamp, but really wanted to wait until I saw it in place to decide on the color.  Still not quite sure though!  You can kind of make out my little spaniel (it's a little planter - no plant though!) sitting on the books.  He's in homage to my childhood dog, Casey.  So sad when a family pet passes away, but at least we can keep them in our memories!  I think he looks cute sitting there and makes it fun!


Only thing left to decide is if I want to do the border in dark blue, or leave it as is.  I'm going to leave it for now and see how it grows on me!

3 comments:

  1. Jen, that's gorgeous! I have a blank canvas or two in my closet that I think you just inspired me to paint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I love it when people make their own mod art. It makes me so much less intimidated. I can't wait to show this to my artsy daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I was never very talented in art class, but I found this pretty simple and I'm glad I did it!

    ReplyDelete