Monday, October 3, 2011

Chicken with Feta

I feel like my camera is bursting with photos for future posts.  I figured I should get started with a quick, yummy one!  I tend to look at what ingredients I have in the fridge/pantry, decide what I want to use, google around to see if there are any recipes with these ingredients, then put my own twist on it.  So, what I really wanted to use was my feta cheese (I got for $1 a package on sale with coupon!!!) and chicken.  I found a recipe that used balsamic vinegar, and another that used a spritz of lemon juice.  Here's what I decided to work with:






Pretty easy starting point:
Chicken tenders
Lemon Juice
Feta Cheese
Italian Seasoning
Balsamic Vinegar
***And, some sliced tomatoes that had already been used when I took this picture.

I lined a pan with foil (easy clean up!), put in the chicken, then poured on some balsamic vinegar.  Next, I sprinkled on some of the Italian seasoning. 

After this, place under broiler for 10-15 minutes.

Next came some sliced tomatoes, and a bit of feta cheese.  I think I added a drizzle of lemon juice after this (I might have put it on right after the balsamic, but I can't remember).  Broil for another 2-5 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.  Enjoy!

*Yes, my pictures probably don't do it justice.  It was quite tasty!


No comments:

Post a Comment